Monday, November 9, 2015

Stoic Week Wrap-Up, Of Sorts

Monday, November 9, 2015

Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom. (Viktor E. Frankl)

So ends Stoic Week 2015. I found the morning writing-meditation interesting and easy to do, the evening writing-meditation more demanding because of lack of time. But my two problems were feeling tired and feeling a lack of time. I need to work on this attitude adjustment.

[T]he life we receive is not short, but we make it so, nor do we have any lack of it, but are wasteful of it. (Seneca)

I have to work on where I can save time in order to read and think more. I also have to work on minimizing distractions. IE and Firefox are taking to crashing on me all the time so maybe this is a blessing in disguise to turn to them less and thus save time. I also have to work on feeling that I am tired. I signed up for all this damn work, now I have to do without crying the blues about it.

The other point that I will take from Stoic week is related to time-management – where I pay attention. More reading books, less reading or watching news. Less distractions too: more music, less talk radio. I control what I pay attention to. 

Of course, it’s too early to say what Stoic Week has done for me. I hope I can keep up the writing habit, and I wonder if I can keep up the habits of mind


No comments:

Post a Comment