Monday, December 31, 2018

Mount TBR 2018 Final Checkpoint


Final Checkpoint: Mt. Vancouver and some change, for an even 40 books off the shelves. I was really good about not buying books in 2018 and culling mercilessly. But on December 1 I fell off the wagon and bought about 10 books at a UBS; then possessed by a demon I went back the next day and bought a half-dozen more from the same sale.  

Click on the title to go to the review


Night at the Crossroads – Georges Simenon

The Case of the Drowsy Mosquito – Erle Stanley Gardner

The Thirteen Gun Salute – Patrick O’Brian

Double for Death – Rex Stout

The World at Night – Alan Furst

Curtains For Three - Rex Stout


The Honorable Schoolboy – John le Carré

Smiley’s People - John le Carré

Murder Fantastical – Patricia Moyes


Little Novels - Wilkie Collins

Green Grow the Dollars - Emma Lathen

Settled out of Court - Henry Cecil

The Rich Man – Georges Simenon

Sauce for the Goose – Peter DeVries

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining me on this year's climb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching your goal! I hope you enjoy the books you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks but my goal, I should have mentioned, was 48 books, so I fell short, but not by as much as I had feared in the summer. Onward!

    ReplyDelete